Go to Homepage, Welcome, Player's Page, Outside the Tee Box
Updated Wednesday, October 4, 2017
The 2017 PAC Tour Season Wrap-Up
The 2017 PAC Tour season is now history. We were fortunate to be blessed with great weather for most of the season and we had some spirited play at some fine courses. While this is the last official weekly newsletter of the year, I will be periodically sending out notices during the off-season regarding scheduling of courses and events for next season as well as proposed amendments to our by-laws that govern play and other updates as they happen.
If you have any comment or suggestions, please feel free to contact me anytime and I will include them in my periodic updates between now and the start of next year’s play.
On behalf of myself and all the course owners, thank you for a season well played. It has been an honor and a pleasure to be at your service. See you next April!
This Sunday, The UNUTS Tour Continues…
Stay tuned to your email for notification of the time and place of the UNUTS tour stop this coming Sunday. Any questions on the UNUTS Tour can be directed to Bone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final Player-of-the-Year Standings:
The results are now final. In the closest race in the history of the PAC Tour, Andy S. beat our RJ by only ½ point to win the 2017 Player-of-the-Year Award. Andy secured his title by earning 3 points on the last day by winning the money title.
Congratulations to all three of our top finishers. You earned your recognition!
1. Andy S. – 9 points (One 1st place , three 3rd place finishes, first place on money list)
2. RJ – 8.5 points (Two 1st place finishes, one tie for 1st place)
3. Bob R. – 5 points (One 2nd place, one 3rd place finish, second place on money list)
Off-Season By-Laws Proposed Amendments
During the season, comments and suggestions from PAC Tour members were received and set aside for consideration and voting to amend our by-laws. Among the proposed changes are the following:
· Award Player-of-the-Year points to the most improved golfers, calculated as a percentage of their starting and finishing handicaps. Preliminary discussion of this proposed change has been favorable insofar as it will encourage players to shoot their best possible scores instead of “sandbagging” in ways that inflate their handicap. The system would award POY points the same way as it is currently done for the major events. Also, it opens up the POY competition to more players of all handicap levels because the handicap percentage improvement is fair and equitable across the board.
· To promote growth of the Tour, consideration is given to award POY points for attendance. Options include awarding a point for every Tour stop attended. Once again, this opens up the POY competition to more players since emphasis will not be only on scoring in the majors and the money list standings.
· We are also considering awarding POY points on the basis of skins won. In other words, for every skin you earn, you get a point. As with the other suggestions, this amendment opens up the POY competition to a broader base of players, not just those with the lowest handicaps.
· We will entertain an amendment to include money won in the major events as official money in the weekly standings and towards the Pig Trophy competition.
We have received some comments from certain players that will not be considered, i.e. “I shot a 73 and didn’t win dime one last week and that’s just not fair.” Sorry, it is fair. It’s why we have handicaps. It’s the luck of the draw and there will be days when these same players shoot a bad score and win skins. Just put on your big boy pants and deal with reality. The current handicap system has been working fairly for a number of years so stop your bitching, tee it up and swing away.
Other amendments and comments are welcomed, so if you have any, email them to me for review and possible posting. We’ll plan on sending out an email for voting purposes sometime in February in anticipation of the 2018 PAC Tour Season which will officially begin on Sunday, April 8th. (April 1st is Easter Sunday).
Lastly, please submit any course suggestions you have ASAP. We try to schedule courses as close and convenient as possible and especially, keep them in a price range that makes it affordable to all players. We do like to add a few new venues to the schedule each year, so send in your ideas.
2017 PAC Tour Handicap Report
Handicaps have been adjusted through play last week at Quicksilver GC and these are the final 2017 handicaps. The handicap you are given will be the one you will play with during off-season play with the UNUTS Tour.
Final 2017 PAC Tour Handicaps (Adjusted through play at Quicksilver GC 9-24-17)
PAC Tour Money List – 2017
Big Skins Day created no major surprises other than Dr. Tim running off with the biggest payday, a cool $130. What is especially interesting to note is RJ finished out of 3rd place by only $11. If RJ had finished in third place, the point he would have earned would have pushed him past Andy S. for Player-of-the-Year. (Note: Mark S.’s greenie that paid him $16 at Quicksilver was the skin that turned out the lights on RJ. If he had not gotten that greenie, RJ would by POY. Andy S. can thank Mark S. for the kind consideration).
Results at Quicksilver
Jeff T - 90
Andy S - 80
Bone - 87
Larry M - 95
Mark S - 93
Tim S - 90
Johnny E - 92
RJ - 81
Fred R - 90
Brandon H - 92
Bob R - 87
Mac - 85
Jimmy H - 92
RJ - 65
Brandon H - 65
Jeff T - 65
Mark S - 65
Tim S - 130
Mark S - 16
Bone - 16
Andy S - 16
RJ - 16
PAC Tour Facebook Page The PAC Tour Facebook is updated weekly and you are invited to view and post the information on our page. Here’s the link: https://www.facebook.com/The-PAC-Tour-1527596224120207/
out Tin Cup's latest Story
2017 PAC Tour Golf Schedule
April 2nd - Rolling Acres Golf Club – North & South Rotation - 9:52 am
April 9th - Blackhawk Golf Club – # 3 & 4 rotation – 9:28am
April 16th - Easter Sunday – No Play
April 23rd - Village Green Golf Club – 9:30 am CARRY OVER SKINS DAY
April 30th - PAC Masters Major Pheasant Ridge Golf Club – 9:30 am
May 7th - Quicksilver Golf Club – 9:30 am
May 14th - Mother’s Day – Beaver Valley Golf Club - 9:30 am
May 21st - Aubrey’s Dub’s Dread 9:30 am CARRY OVER SKINS DAY
May 28th - Memorial Day Weekend – North Park Golf Couse – 8:00 am
June 4th - Rolling Acres Golf Club – 8:52 am North & South Rotation
June 11th - Pittsburgh North Golf Club 9:00 am
June 18th - Father’s Day – Shadow Lakes Golf Club 9:00 am CARRY OVER SKINS DAY
June 25th - PAC Open Major – Beaver Valley Golf Club 9:00 am
July 2nd - 4th of July Weekend –Ponderosa Golf Course – 8:56 am
July 9th - Blackhawk Golf Club – # 1 & 2 Rotation - 9:36 am
July 16th - Lake Arthur Golf Club - 9:20 am – CARRY OVER SKINS DAY
July 23rd - Quicksilver Golf Club - 9:00 am
July 30th - PAC Memorial Major – Shadow Lakes Golf Club - 9:00 am
August 6th - Suncrest Golf Club 8:46 am
August 13th - Pheasant Ridge Golf Club – 9:30 am - CARRY OVER SKINS DAY
August 20th - Aubrey’s Dub’s Dred 9:00 am
August 27th - Beaver Valley Golf Club 9:30 am
Sept 3rd - Labor Day Weekend – North Park Golf Course 8:00 am
Sept 10th - Blackhawk Golf Club: 9:36 am 1 & 2 – CARRY OVER SKINS GAME
Sept 17th - Crafton Open Major – Rolling Acres – North & South Rotation – 9:00 am
Sept 24th - Big Skins Day – Quicksilver Golf Club 9:30 am
Can't find your
way? Check out this site: http://www.thegolfcourses.net/index.html
Cool sites for interested
To check your handicap
status and enter a score:
To check the weather: